Reno Couple Sues Over Botulism

November 25, 2008

A Reno, Nev., couple has filed a federal lawsuit against Campbell’s Soup Co., Albertson’s markets and Save Mart claiming they suffered from botulism poisoning after eating a can of chicken broth in 2006.

A lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Reno, says the can of Swanson’s chicken broth eaten by Randy and Marjorie Main was found to be contaminated with C. Botulinum.

The Mains are seeking unspecified damages in excess of $75,000. The suit includes Save Mart because it was the “successor” to Albertson’s concerning liabilities the company incurred at the time of the incident.

A Campbell’s Soup Co. spokesman says the case was investigated and the couple’s illness was not linked to the broth.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.