NM Public Regulation Commission Provides Information For Flood Damage

September 14, 2006

The New Mexico Public Regulation Commission, Consumer Relations Division, is assisting New Mexicans who have experienced rain or flood damage with information on insurance coverage, and filing flood, property and commercial insurance claims.

New Mexico Public Regulation Commissioner E. Shirley Baca and staff from the PRC Consumer Relations Division conducted a community information meeting on flood insurance and how to file insurance claims, on Wednesday, Sept. 6 in Hatch, N.M. More than 75 people attended. Hatch, a small incorporated village in northern Dona Ana County in southern New Mexico, was inundated by floodwaters in August, causing extensive damage to many homes and businesses. Gov. Bill Richardson, and President George Bush issued disaster declarations for the community, freeing up state and FEMA emergency funds.

The NMPRC Consumer Relations Division provided citizens with information about flood, property and commercial insurance claims filing. Individuals were advised to contact the NMPRC Consumer Relations Division if they had questions concerning their insurance coverage and any questions related to flood and property damage.

The NMPRC informational meeting was organized and conducted at the request from State Rep. Andy Nunez (D-Dist. 36 Hatch) who attended the meeting. Also at the community meeting was staff from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the New Mexico Department of Labor, and the U.S. Small Businesses Administration.

New Mexicans who experienced rain or flood damage can contact the NMPRC Consumer Relations Division if they need general information regarding insurance matters, or if they wish to file a complaint. New Mexicans can contact the PRC Consumers Relations Division (CRD) by calling toll free at 1-800-663-9782.

Source: NMPRC

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.