During the July 4th Fireworks Display at Aurora, Colorado, an accident occurred injuring a number of spectators. Emergency services personnel promptly responded to the incident and all of the injured spectators were treated and released at nearby hospitals.
In a release on Friday, Western Enterprises Inc. said it deeply regrets that people were injured during the Aurora fireworks display, noting public safety has always been a major priority with Western Enterprises.
According to the company, “The highly qualified staff of Western Enterprises is trained on a regular basis in the procedures to properly set up and discharge a fireworks display. Our equipment has been inspected and approved by the authorities. Our displays, like the one in Aurora, Colorado are properly permitted through the local authorities having jurisdiction. Representatives from the Aurora Fire Marshal’s office and other City of Aurora officials are currently on-site and gathering information. We are appreciative of the authorities for their very responsive and professional services.”
Western Enterprises said it will conduct a thorough and complete investigation of this incident and make its findings available to the public.
The company noted that “Our major concern and focus is for the injured spectators and their families. Due to the state privacy information law, City officials have informed us that we cannot contact the injured persons to offer our assistance. However, Western Enterprises humbly requests that the injured spectators please contact the City of Aurora Risk Manager’s office (303-739-7003) to obtain the contact person’s name for the Insurance Company of Western Enterprises.”
In the days and weeks to come, Western Enterprises said it will work closely with the City of Aurora and all local, state and federal agencies that have jurisdiction over our operations in order to reach an accurate conclusion to this unfortunate accident, and to ensure that it does not happen again.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.