Through a new suite of managed care tools designed specifically for California companies, Intracorp can reportedly help slow down skyrocketing workers’ compensation costs.
“With medical costs in California among the highest in the nation, and
workers’ compensation claims tripling since 1997, employers in California are scrambling for solutions,” said Ken Ross, president of Intracorp. “We’re utilizing aggressive cost-savings techniques and providing expert case management services to significantly improve the bottom-line results for our customers.”
Intracorp can help manage workers’ comp costs in California
through a number of services:
* Utilization review – “We provide claim determinations that are consistent, fair, and clinically sound, in full compliance with California regulations,” explained Ross. The company uses American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine evidence-based clinical guidelines supplemented by Intracorp’s proprietary Optimal Treatment Guidelines, widely recognized by the medical community.
“The combination of supportive California regulations, proven to and the experience of our review nurses and physicians deliver a solid
9:1 return on investment to Intracorp customers,” said Ross.
* Expanded California Provider Network – Intracorp has enhanced its
California offering in its arrangements with First Health direct networks and leased arrangements, and InterPlan. Intracorp can provide employers and claims payors with broader access to quality care and specialists, deeper discounts and improved direction of employees to
more cost-effective providers of workers’ compensation medical care.
* Return to work – Intracorp delivers industry-leading outcomes through faster recoveries and shorter disability durations that help
California employers achieve successful return to work results. “Our
focus on return to work begins early in the case management process
and in 2003, disability duration was reduced by nearly 30 percent while we achieved a 91 percent success rate on sustained re- employment,” said Ross. “Our industry-leading technology and Web-based tools help speed the process.”
* California Health Care Organization (HCO) – Intracorp’s California HCO provides participating employers with a network of best-in-class
occupational physicians and hospitals that work with Intracorp’s expert medical and vocational specialists to provide quality medical care and facilitate the return-to-work process. The HCO extends an
employer’s ability to direct and manage care in-network from 30 days
up to 180 days.
* Specialty Review Services – Through a partnership with Qmedtrix
Systems Inc., Intracorp offers customers a cost containment product
designed to help employers and payors realize savings on provider
services not addressed by fee schedules. Qmedtrix works seamlessly
with Accumed, Intracorp’s bill review service, to correct unrelated and unreasonable charges, basing recommendations on a comprehensive,
industry-weighted database of paid data that are defensible and backed by extensive medical and legal expertise. “Recommendations through Qmedtrix yield an average reduction of nearly 60 percent of total bill charges, giving Intracorp’s customers unbeatable savings,” Ross said.
Intracorp (www.intracorp.com) is presenting its California cost solutions in booth 1613 at the Risk & Insurance Management Society annual conference taking place through April 22 at the San Diego Convention Center.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.