FEMA Provides Funds for Tornado Debris Removal

December 12, 2014

The Mississippi city of Louisville and Winston County are being given $3.9 million in federal funds to assist with removal of debris from an April tornado.

The money has been approved by the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

The announcement was made Wednesday by Republican Sens. Thad Cochran and Roger Wicker and GOP Rep. Alan Nunnelee.

Louisville will receive $2.16 million, while Winston County gets $1.73 million.

Both public assistance grants will cover 81 percent of the costs associated with the total project cost for Louisville and Winston County. The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency will cover the remaining 19 percent of the cost.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.