A sinkhole that was plugged over the weekend between two houses in a sprawling Florida retirement community appears to be opening again.
Gina Lambert of the Villages Public Safety Department said Wednesday that the sinkhole expanded overnight by another 6 to 10 feet. She said crews will probably pour cement into the more than 50-foot deep hole. Crews poured dirt into the hole throughout the day.
Over the weekend, repair crews filled the sinkhole after neighbors noticed it was growing and alerted authorities. At that time, a Tampa firm had been working on the sinkhole for about three weeks.
District Public Safety Battalion Chief Pete Carpenter said Saturday that the sinkhole expanded under the foundations of both houses.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
For Carriers, AI Can Now Mean Hyper-Personalized Customer Service, Leaders Say
Balancing Technology and Expertise in Property Insurance Claims
CommScope Sued by Lenders for at Least $150 Million Over Alleged Breach
Hail to High Variance: Rethinking Test Squares and Roof Damage Assessment