North Carolina state Labor Commissioner Cherie Berry says the investigation is continuing into last month’s ride accident at the State Fair that left three riders seriously hurt.
Berry made her brief comments Tuesday as the Council of State held its regular monthly meeting in Raleigh. Council member and Agriculture Commissioner Steve Troxler, whose department puts on the fair, also attended. The state Labor Department inspects fair rides.
Authorities have charged one ride operator with assault with a deadly weapon for the Oct. 24 accident when the “Vortex” started moving as people were exiting it. Wake County sheriff’s investigators believe the ride had been intentionally tampered with.
Troxler says a critical response plan at the fair worked as it should in treating the injured as quickly as possible.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
CommScope Sued by Lenders for at Least $150 Million Over Alleged Breach
The Big Dog Is Off the Tech Porch: State Farm as ‘Next Gen Good Neighbor’
Wall Street Watchdogs Pause Some Cyber Exams After Mythos Shock
34,000 PG&E Customers Without Power on California Fire Risk