A man is recovering from first and second degree burns after a fire broke out at a pizza concession stand at a southwest Florida baseball stadium.
Hillsborough County Fire Rescue officials said players heard what sounded like a loud explosion Saturday morning at FishHawk Ranch baseball field. The victim was lighting the pilot on the pizza ovens at Formaggio’s when one of the propane lines malfunctioned and caused a gas buildup. The flash fire burned the victim’s face, arms and legs.
The victim has not been identified.
The pizzeria operates in a trailer between the baseball fields.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.