Authorities say a fire in a bathroom at Lafayette High School is being investigated as arson.
Classes at the Mississippi school resumed Tuesday.
Lafayette County School Superintendent Adam Pugh tells the Oxford Eagle that the fire was started in the girls’ bathroom on the English Hall about 2 p.m. Monday. School officials put out the fire and no injuries were reported. The school was evacuated.
Pugh says the damage was primarily caused by smoke damage, but some walls were damaged by the flames from the fire.
He says the entire English hall will be closed for two to three days in order to ventilate due to the smoke.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.