YMCA officials in Knoxville, Tenn., say the downtown “Y” had to be closed after a fire sprinkler malfunction flooded it.
WATE-TV reported water was six inches deep when the incident was discovered late Tuesday night. The malfunction occurred on the third floor and water flowed through the stories below, causing significant damage.
YMCA of Knoxville CEO Jim Dickson said the building will remain closed until workers can remove the water and repair the damage it caused.
The TV station said the 1929-era building sustained heavy smoke damage in a 2007 fire that started in the basement.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.