Authorities say four men were injured at a South Florida machine shop when a gas tank exploded.
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue reports that workers at the Medley Machine Shop were trying to cut into an empty fuel tank Tuesday. Fire officials say the tank apparently wasn’t cleaned properly. When sparks hit the fumes inside, it exploded.
Three employees were airlifted to a Miami trauma center. A fourth employee’s injuries were less severe, and he was taken by ground.
The Miami Herald reports that the explosion didn’t cause a fire at the shop.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.