Carpet Glue Makes Fla. Country Club Workers Sick

November 8, 2011

Fire officials say fumes from glue used to install carpet caused several employees at Boca West Country Club to feel sick.

Palm Beach County Fire Rescue spokesman Donald DeLucia says about 50 new employees at the country club had gathered for a meeting Sunday afternoon when some of them began complaining of feeling dizzy.

The Palm Beach Post reports that the first two firefighters who arrived at the scene also felt lightheaded and were sent to the hospital to be checked out.

DeLucia says rescue workers looked at 13 employees and sent six to the hospital. He says all were treated and released.

DeLucia says it appears the carpet glue caused the problem.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.