The Orlando meter reader who found 2-year-old Caylee Anthony’s remains is suing a tabloid newspaper for defamation.
Roy Kronk filed the lawsuit Thursday against the National Enquirer over a headline the tabloid ran in December 2009 that said “Meter reader killed Caylee.”
In smaller type, the headline read “Casey Anthony says.”
The lawsuit seeks over $15 million.
Casey Anthony was acquitted last month of murdering her daughter, Caylee, and she was released from jail. She currently is serving probation in Florida for unrelated check fraud charges.
Kronk found Caylee’s remains about five months after the toddler disappeared in the summer of 2008.
Copyright 2026 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Half of Pilots Killed in US Accidents Tested Positive for Drugs
Meta Settles School Suit Over Social Media, Averting First Trial
JPMorgan Banker Sues Ex-Colleague Over ‘Fabricated’ Sex Claims
Airbus, Air France Found Guilty in 2009 Rio-Paris Crash