Tennessee Restaurant Sued Over Hot Sauce Served Minor Child

October 25, 2010

Some don’t like it hot.

A Steak ‘n Shake restaurant in Cleveland, Tenn., has been sued by a couple who claimed it served a hot sauce that sent their son to the hospital.

Tim and Mary Katherine Gann said a restaurant server gave their minor child a bottle of Blair’s Mega Death Sauce for his chili and encouraged him to eat some. When he did, he broke out in hives, had trouble breathing and suffered severe pain.

The brand isn’t customarily served by the chain, according to the Cleveland Daily Banner. Mega Death’s maker warns that it’s “500 times hotter than a jalapeno.”

A spokeswoman for franchise owner Debbie Richmond said the company wasn’t commenting.

The lawsuit seeks $10,000 in compensation and $50,000 punitive damages.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.