Investigators have ruled the blaze that destroyed the Sissonville (West Virginia) Volunteer Fire Department’s main station an accident.
Paul Gill, from the state Fire Marshall’s Office, said the blaze started with an electrical fault. But television station WCHS reported Sunday that investigators are still looking for the fire’s exact source.
The blaze destroyed the station Friday and the department has moved to temporary quarters.
Assistant Chief Tom Miller said the department’s insurance won’t cover all the damage. The policy covers up to $500,000, but Miller said there’s been at least $1.25 million in damage.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.