A Miami-Dade jury has awarded a Sarasota man more than $14 million in an asbestos case.
The jury last week found that Union Carbide’s negligence led to abdominal cancer for 59-year-old William Aubin.
While working for his parents’ Key Biscayne construction company in the 1970s, Aubin reportedly inhaled asbestos fibers from joint compounds made by Union Carbide.
Aubin’s lawyer said the products weren’t labeled as containing asbestos.
Aubin suffers from peritoneal mesothelioma, a rare cancer that attacks the lining of the abdominal cavity and organs. The disease is usually fatal.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.