Short Circuit Could Be Cause of Kentucky Fire

December 31, 2009

Kentucky fire officials believe a marina fire on Lake Barkley might have started in a floating repair shop.

The blaze on Saturday at Green Turtle Bay near Grand Rivers destroyed 10 rental houseboats and damaged a section of dock. There were no injuries.

The Paducah Sun quoted state fire marshal spokesman Dick Brown, who said final findings could be available Wednesday.

Gregg Kenney, who is a partner in Marinas International of Dallas, said investigators told him a short circuit in the repair shop could have ignited the blaze.

Kenney’s company rents the dock from Green Turtle Bay.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.