A man fined in the most destructive wildfire in South Carolina history is facing a court date to answer to charges.
Court documents show the trial for Marc Torchi is set for Wednesday in Central Jury Court in Conway, a magistrate-level court. Torchi had earlier requested a jury trial in the case.
Authorities say an April wildfire along the Grand Strand that destroyed 76 homes and damaged nearly 100 others started four days earlier as a debris fire in Torchi’s backyard.
Torchi could be fined $732, but he says he’s been unfairly blamed. He says he called Horry County firefighters when his fire got out of control and firefighters thought they had completely put out the fire.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.