Eight warehouse workers in Doral, Florida are being treated at a hospital after authorities detected high levels of carbon monoxide inside.
Miami-Dade officials say fire rescue was called to the La Rosa Logistics refrigerated facility in the Miami suburb of Doral Tuesday night. The workers were complaining of headaches, nausea, vomiting and shortness of breath.
The hazardous materials response team found high levels of carbon monoxide in an area that officials say was poorly ventilated.
The eight employees were treated at the scene and then taken to local hospitals for further evaluation.
The warehouse was being closed until hazardous materials crews could ventilate the structure and deem it safe for re-entry.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.