A Buffalo High School student who lost an eye during golf practice is suing the Putnam County Board of Education.
Seventeen-year-old Eric Nathan Crist was injured in August 2007 when a ball hit by another member of the team struck him in the left eye at a golf course in Frazier’s Bottom.
Crist’s lawsuit, filed last week, alleges the coaches failed to properly instruct and supervise the team.
The lawsuit seeks more than $48,000 for medical expenses and unspecified damages for pain, suffering and embarrassment. It also seeks $200,000 for future medical expenses and nearly $470,000 for the reduction of Crist’s lifetime capacity to work.
County schools Superintendent Chuck Hatfield hadn’t yet seen the lawsuit Tuesday and said he couldn’t comment.
Source: The Charleston Gazette.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Kids Keep Getting Hurt and Killed on E-bikes. Should Parents Be Held Responsible?
Flock Announces Changes Amid Backlash Over License Plate Reader Network
AI Data Center Boom Is ‘Maxing Out’ P/C Insurers, AIG CEO Says
Massachusetts High Court Says Mag Mutual Must Defend Doctor Accused of Stalking