Survivors of seven people killed in an August fire in Memphis, Tenn. filed a lawsuit seeking $90 million.
The Commercial Appeal reported the lawsuit filed in Circuit Court claims electrical problems at the rental property were ignored or not adequately repaired.
The suit also claims there were no working smoke detectors and that the triplex did not have at least two ways of exiting.
The suit was filed Oct. 9, naming the property owner, the city and others as defendants.
The newspaper said it was unable to reach landlord Frank Holland for comment.
Holland said last month he knew of nothing he could have done to prevent the fire.
Five children were among the seven people who died.
Information from: The Commercial Appeal,
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.