The federal government opened disaster loan centers in two North Carolina cities that were flooded by remnants from Tropical Storm Fay last month.
The U.S. Small Business Administration said centers opened Sept. 13 in Charlotte and Concord. The centers will remain open until further notice so people can apply for emergency loans.
Homeowners can apply for loans up to $200,000. Renters can apply for loans up to $40,000. Businesses and nonprofit groups can borrow as much as $2 million. Interest rates are 2.875 percent for homeowners and renters and 4 percent for businesses.
The Concord center will be at the old Cabarrus County Sheriff’s Office. The Charlotte center will be at the Hal Marshall Annex.
___
On the Net:
SBA: http://www.sba.gov/services/disasterassistance.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
A Defensible Framework for Post-Wildfire Smoke Damage Claims
Massachusetts High Court Says Mag Mutual Must Defend Doctor Accused of Stalking
Hawaii Faces More Tropical Threats From El Niño-Charged Pacific
Car-Seller Copart Among Suitors for Car Insurance Software Firm CCC