A privately owned fraternity house at West Virginia University has been condemned for unsafe living conditions by the Morgantown, W.Va. Fire Department.
The Tau Kappa Epsilon house was shut down last week after inspectors found live wires sticking out of ceilings and black mold in some bedrooms. The house does not have a sprinkler system.
Vice President Patrick Smith says the violations aren’t a surprise and the brothers aren’t, in his words, totally devastated.
WVU says it will help house any student who need accommodations.
Last year, fire officials condemned three other fraternity houses on campus.
The TKE house may be demolished after the start of the fall semester.
Information from: The Daily Athenaeum, http://www.da.wvu.edu/
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.