West Virginia salvage company workers caused a huge fire in Grafton when sparks from metal-cutting torches made contact with piles of old, dry rubbish.
Grafton Fire Chief Craig Crimm said no one was injured in the July 8 blaze, which covered hundreds of square feet at the former Baby World factory.
Crimm said investigators are still piecing together information from the fire, including identifying the salvage company.
Salvage crews were working to remove metal, wood and roofing materials from the factory for sale and reuse. The blaze spread quickly from piles of trash to the building itself, which was full of old, dry wood.
Crimm doesn’t know how much of the salvageable material was lost in the fire.
Information from: The Dominion Post, http://www.dominionpost.com
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.