Georgia Court to Consider Carbon Monoxide Case

April 30, 2008

The Georgia Supreme Court heard a case that asks whether carbon monoxide is a pollutant.

Leslie Reed says she was poisoned by carbon monoxide at the Griffin, Georgia, home she was renting in 2002. As result, she claims she’s suffered permanent damage, including breathing difficulties, dizziness, nausea and headaches.

In 2004, she sued her landlord, Melvin Waldrop. His insurance policy excludes bodily injury caused by pollutants and refuses to pay. The insurance company says the federal Clean Air Act specifically designates carbon monoxide as a pollutant.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.