North Carolina emergency response officials will rehearse the state’s improved hurricane evacuation plan next month.
State officials said last week the new plan identifies areas of the state most at risk of storm surge flooding and identifies evacuations centers inland. The new plan also includes better tips on evacuating elderly citizens.
The new plan was produced as part of a statewide review of regional emergency plans, and was developed with help from emergency managers in 20 coastal counties.
Hurricane seasons starts June 1 and runs through the end of November.
Copyright 2026 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
A Defensible Framework for Post-Wildfire Smoke Damage Claims
Moody’s Says Heat, Water Scarcity Driving Stranded-Asset Risks
Training the People Behind the Claims Assessments: Allstate Claims University
Amazon’s New User Agreement Seeks to Curb Class-Action Suits