Another burn patient has died of injuries suffered in an explosion and fire at a Georgia sugar refinery, bringing the death toll to 11, officials said Sunday.
Two weeks after the blast at the Imperial Sugar plant in Port Wentworth, 14 other patients remain in critical condition at the Joseph M. Still Burn Center at Doctors Hospital in Augusta.
A 15th patient, whose name was not released, died Feb. 23, said Beth Frits of the Burn Center.
A memorial had been held earlier in the day for the other victims, the 10th of whom died Feb. 22.
The explosion was fueled by airborne sugar dust at the refinery, near Savannah, investigators have said. They have not yet determined what ignited it.
Imperial Sugar is based in the Houston suburb of Sugar Land, Texas.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Massachusetts High Court Says Mag Mutual Must Defend Doctor Accused of Stalking
Former NFL QB Hasselbeck on Frontier: Diagnosing CTE Disease in the Living
The Great Modern Train Robbery: Thieves Steal $200 Million a Year
Moody’s Says Heat, Water Scarcity Driving Stranded-Asset Risks