The independent federal agency investigating last year’s deadly propane explosion in Ghent, W.Va. says the store was not in compliance with safety specifications.
Lead investigator Jeffrey Wanko says the tank was too close to the Little General store.
National Fire Protection Association and Occupation Safety and Health Administration specifications require a propane tank be placed 10 feet from a building.
The Jan. 30, 2007, explosion killed four people after propane gas was suddenly released through a faulty valve, which was stuck in the open position.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.