Fire investigators are blaming an electrical problem for a fire that killed six horses in a western Kentucky barn last week.
Baskett, Ky., fire chief Bill Shaw says state and federal investigators found that a shorted out extension cord ignited the blaze at the former Riverside Downs race track in Henderson.
He says the fire started near a wash stall.
Rescuers were able to save 19 horses from the blaze that started on the afternoon of Jan. 4 and burned for more than two hours.
It was the third fire in just over four years at the property.
Information from: The Gleaner, http://www.thegleaner.com/
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.