Those Damaged by Ivan, Dennis Must Complete Separate Registration Forms

July 19, 2005

Alabama residents who suffered damage from Hurricane Ivan in 2004 and were again damaged by Hurricane Dennis in 2005 must complete the registration process for the damages in Hurricane Dennis, according to Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and Alabama Emergency Management Agency officials.

There are two ways to register for FEMA/state assistance. “Call the toll-free teleregistration number at 1-800-621-FEMA (3362), or TTY 1-800-462-7585, 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. CDT, seven days a week until further notice. An alternative to the phone call is registering on-line at” said Federal Coordinating Officer James Russo.

When registering with FEMA, you will be asked general information about your income, your insurance and how badly your residence or business was damaged. “You should be prepared to give details about your housing needs, the location of the damaged property, and a phone number where you can be reached,” said Bruce Baughman, state coordinating officer.

After you have applied for assistance through FEMA, if you have questions about the status of your application, you can call the FEMA Helpline for assistance. That number is 1-800- 621- 3362 (TTY 1-800-462-7585) from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily until further notice.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.