The Texas Department of Insurance’s Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC) re-certified 10 employers to self-insure workers’ compensation claims.
In total, the companies employ about 15,000 people in Texas.
- Associated Wholesale Grocers, Inc.
- E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- The Sherwin-Williams Company
- Space Exploration Technologies Corp.
- FedEx Freight, Inc.
- Guardian Industries Corp.
- International Paper Company
- James Construction Group, LLC
- Louisiana-Pacific Corporation
- The Procter & Gamble Company
To be certified to self-insure, a company must meet state requirements and have a minimum workers’ compensation insurance unmodified manual premium of $500,000.
For more information on applying to the Self-Insurance Regulation program, visit the TDI website at www.tdi.texas.gov/wc/si/index.html.
Source: Texas Department of Insurance
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.