6 Texas Residents Hospitalized for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

February 10, 2014

Six people have been hospitalized in San Antonio, Texas, due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

San Antonio Fire Department Battalion Chief Jonathan Jones told the San Antonio Express-News that three people were transported to the hospital, one with life-threatening injuries, on Saturday evening.

Three others had admitted themselves complaining of flu-like symptoms. When doctors determined it was carbon monoxide they alerted the fire department.

Jones said the gas had been released by burning insulation on a water heater in the building. In total, 16 units were evacuated.

Carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless and can lead to death by suffocation.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.