Under Texas law, certain large, private companies can self-insure for workers’ compensation claims, while retaining the protection of the Texas Workers’ Compensation Act for the company and for its employees. To qualify, a company must have a minimum workers’ compensation insurance unmodified manual premium of $500,000 and meet other requirements subject to annual review.
The following companies received self-insurance certificates:
- Associated Wholesale Grocers, Inc, Kansas City, KS
- Bradford Holding Company, Inc., Corpus Christi
- E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, Wilmington, DE
- The Sherwin-Williams Company, Cleveland, OH
- Emerson Electric Co., St. Louis, MO
- FedEx Freight, Inc., Harrison, AR
- International Paper Company, Memphis, TN
- Guardian Industries Corp., Auburn Hills, MI
- James Construction Group, LLC, Baton Rouge, LA
- Louisiana-Pacific Corporation, Portland, OR
- The Procter & Gamble Company, Cincinnati, OH
Source: Texas Department of Insurance
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.