Arkansas Plant Workers Ill After Carbon Monoxide Leak

April 19, 2012

Three people have been sent to a hospital for treatment and other employees were evacuated because of a carbon monoxide leak at a Fayetteville, Ark., plant.

Fire Department Battalion Chief Mauro Campos says three people were transported from Elkhart Products Corp. Tuesday morning, and a fourth person was treated at the scene. They complained of disorientation and nausea.

Campos says all four people, whose names weren’t released, are expected to make a full recovery.

He says one person complained Monday night about symptoms consistent with carbon monoxide poisoning, and more people had similar complaints on Tuesday. Officials evacuated employees from around the area of the leak, but work continued in other parts of the plant.

Ventilation fans have been placed in the building.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.