Part of Texas Hotel Evacuated Due to Carbon Monoxide

March 20, 2012

Part of a Dallas-area hotel has been evacuated after some people got sick from possible carbon monoxide exposure.

An Irving Fire Department spokesman says the incident happened Monday at the Hyatt Place in the Las Colinas district.

Assistant Chief Rusty Wilson says several people from the hotel went to a hospital on their own and nobody was seriously hurt. He says the individuals apparently had similar symptoms, such as nausea and headaches, leading hospital personnel to contact the fire department.

Wilson says carbon monoxide possibly was detected in a hotel boiler room.

A clerk who answered the phone said the front desk area had been declared safe. Warning alarms could be heard in the background.

The clerk declined to say how many guests were at the more than 120-room hotel.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.