Authorities say one person was hurt in a fire at a plastics plant in Clarksville, Ark.
Johnson County sheriff’s deputies say officials were notified about 6:51 p.m. on Jan. 5, 2011, of an explosion and fire at the Camardese Plastics Corp. on Arkansas 21.
Witnesses say an employee was attempting to start a forklift when the machinery caught fire. Deputies say workers tried to fight the fire with extinguishers, but the propane tank on the forklift exploded.
Officials say one employee was taken to Johnson Regional Medical Center by private vehicle for treatment, but the worker’s name and condition weren’t released.
Camardese officials couldn’t be reached for comment.
Camardese Plastic Corp. specializes in vacuum thermoforming, injection, molding, extrusion, plastic welding and blister packaging.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.