La. DOL Launches Toll-Free Number for Hurricane Katrina Evacuees to Report Change of Address

September 21, 2005

Hurricane Katrina evacuees from Louisiana who filed for Unemployment Insurance and Disaster Unemployment Assistance benefits must immediately contact the Louisiana Department of Labor to file a change of address if their current address is now different from the one listed in their application.

The department reported it has set up a new, toll-free number – (800) 430-8076 – for claimants to call.

Evacuees from the southeast region of the state, where postal services were halted, as well as those who may have moved since they filed for UI or disaster unemployment assistance benefits are urged to make sure the labor department has their current mailing address for delivery of their UI payments.

Failure to make the change of address can delay receipt of benefits.

A claimant can file a change of address by phone at (800) 430-8076 or (866) 783-5567; on the department’s Web site at; or by going to one of the department’s job centers around the state.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.