The Insurance Council of Texas announced the schedule for its Fall 2004 workers’ compensation seminar, Managing Disabilities and Other Benefit Issues in the Texas Workers’ Compensation System.
The seminar will be held in Austin, Houston and Dallas in September and October.
· Disability Management: A Vision of a More Perfect Workers’ Compensation System – William Nemeth, M.D.: Texas Workers’ Compensation Commission’s medical advisor will share his vision of an effective disability management system.
· Return to Work Issues in the Texas Workers’ Compensation System – Catherine Benavidez, president, Injury Management Organization Inc.: Learn how to implement effective return to work strategies in the workplace.
· Developments Impacting Medical Benefits in the Texas Workers’ Compensation System – Julie Shank, R.N., JShank Consulting: You will hear about developments impacting the delivery of medical benefits in the Texas system.
· Special Issues Regarding Benefits in the Texas Workers’ Compensation System – Jane Stone, Stone Loughlin & Swanson L.L.P.: An experienced workers’ comp attorney will provide you with an update on special issues impacting the delivery of benefits in Texas.
· Benefit Dispute Resolution: How to Be Successful at Benefit Review Conferences and Contested Case Hearings; A Former Hearing Officer’s Perspective – Will McCann, attorney: Learn about how you can be successful at benefit review conferences and contested case hearings from a former TWCC hearing officer.
· Hot Issues Regarding Income Benefits – Robert Graves, Jr., attorney with Burns Anderson Jury & Brenner L.L.P.: Come hear about hot issues that are impacting income benefits in the Texas workers’ comp system.
Dates and locations:
· Sept. 28, 2004 – Austin Marriott at the Capitol, 701 East 11th Street, Austin.
· Oct. 6, 2004 – Hilton Houston Southwest, 6780 Southwest Freeway, Houston.
· Oct. 14, 2004 – Crowne Plaza Suites, 7800 Alpha Road, Dallas.
For more information, contact Karen Barrington at (512) 444-9611 or via e-mail at: email@example.com.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.