GEICO promotes Allison Carp to assistant vice president
Allison Carp of Potomac, Md., has been named assistant vice president at GEICO where she is responsible for pricing, product and reserving activities.
Carp began her career with GEICO in 1994 and has since held a number of positions in both reserving and pricing. While previously serving as director of pricing and product management, Carp was instrumental in GEICO’s reentry into the Massachusetts market. She currently serves as director and assistant actuary in reserving.
Carp is a Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS).
She succeeds Paul Lavrey, who retired from GEICO in January after a 33-year career with the company.
Dutille Promoted to Claims Supervisor in Occupational Injury Unit, Brentwood Services Administrators Inc.
Tenn.-based Brentwood Services Administrators Inc. (BSA) recently promoted Phil Dutille to the position of claims supervisor in the Occupational Injury Unit, according to Jeff Pettus, president and chief executive officer.
Dutille is providing guidance and supervision for claims adjusters and support personnel in the Occupational Injury Unit, as well as assisting in maintaining client satisfaction and resolving issues, according to Matt Anglin, assistant vice president, claims, for BSA.
Dutille joined the Occupational Injury Unit team in December 2012 as a senior claim representative, bringing with him over 23 years of experience in the workers’ compensation claim industry. He has earned his Associate in Claims designation, and is licensed in four states. His experience includes handling workers’ compensation claims in 10 states.
His most recent position prior to coming to BSA was as a multi-line claims adjuster for FARA Insurance Services in Mandeville, La.
Chubb Names Claims Management Team in Europe
Chubb announced a number of appointments within its claims management team in Europe effective immediately.
All the following positions will report to Peter Murray, director of Claims for Chubb in Europe and will be based in London, unless otherwise stated:
- Steve Parry, formerly UK and Ireland claims manager for ACE will serve as claims director UK and Ireland, Operations and Integration for Chubb. Parry will have overall responsibility for UK and Ireland claims as well as for operations and integration activities for claims across Europe.
- Graham Lambourne, formerly multinational claims manager for ACE European Group, will serve as global clients claims manager for Chubb in Europe.
- Steve Crabb, formerly claims manager for ACE in Eurasia and Africa, will serve as claims manager for Chubb in Eurasia and Africa.
- Deborah Carter, formerly claims legal counsel for ACE European Group, will serve as claims legal counsel for Chubb in Europe.
- Lisa Payne-Lawrey, formerly casualty claims technical manager for legacy Chubb in Europe, will serve as casualty European technical claims lead for Chubb in Europe.
- Andy McAvan, formerly property and energy claims manager for ACE European Group will serve as property and energy European technical claims lead for Chubb.
- Mark Bailey, formerly financial lines claims manager for ACE European Group, will serve as financial lines European technical claims lead for Chubb in Europe.
- Robert Whelan, formerly consumer lines claims manager for ACE European Group, will serve as Europe consumer lines claims manager for Chubb in Europe, based in Dublin.
- Tim Scott-Young, formerly claims director, Continental Europe at legacy ACE, will serve as claims director, Continental Europe for Chubb, based in Paris. In addition, reporting to Tim Scott-Young:
- Ron Bakker, formerly claims manager for legacy Chubb’s Northern Europe Zone, will serve as deputy claims manager, Continental Europe for Chubb, with responsibility for overseeing claims in the Nordics, Benelux, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary and Switzerland. He will additionally assume responsibility as the claims integration lead for Continental Europe. Bakker will be based in Amsterdam.
The following roles will report to Steve Parry with immediate effect and will be based in London, unless otherwise stated:
- Katerina Kikillou, formerly claims manager, UK and Ireland for legacy Chubb will serve as UK and Ireland claims manager, London/Brentwood and Dublin for Chubb.
- David McNamara, formerly European claims operations and systems manager for ACE European Group, will serve as claims operations manager, for Chubb in Europe.
- Jim Bonner, formerly Glasgow shared services manager for ACE, will serve as Glasgow shared services manager for Chubb, based in Glasgow.
- Kelly Hotchkiss, formerly claims vendor manager for ACE European Group, will serve as claims vendor manager for Chubb.
Working closely with the European claims team will be Mona Barnes, formerly Financial Lines Technical manager for legacy Chubb in Europe who has been appointed to the role of vice president, Claims for Chubb’s Overseas General Insurance division. In her new role Mona will report to Julie Chalmers, senior vice president, Professional Lines and High Net Worth Claims for Overseas General and Mike Noonan, senior vice president, Property and Casualty Claims, for Overseas General. Barnes will continue to be based in London.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.