The Obama administration says BP and two other companies are likely to face new citations for alleged safety and environmental violations stemming from last year’s Gulf oil spill.
Michael Bromwich, head of the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement, says the upcoming notices stem from reviews that go beyond a federal government probe of the April 2010 Deepwater Horizon blast, which killed 11 workers and resulted in the nation’s worst offshore oil spill.
Federal regulators in October cited BP PLC for seven violations, and contractors Transocean Ltd. and Halliburton for four violations apiece, stemming from the Gulf spill.
Bromwich said Monday that new notices of violation could be sent within two weeks. Bromwich steps down Thursday after 17 months as head of the offshore drilling agency.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Snap, YouTube Settle School-Social Media Suit Ahead of Trial
Airbus, Air France Found Guilty in 2009 Rio-Paris Crash
‘Big Tobacco’ Moment for Cannabis: What Insurers Need to Know About Murray v. Cresco
34,000 PG&E Customers Without Power on California Fire Risk