Industry awards were presented at the The Risk and Insurance Management Society (RIMS) 2011 Annual Conference & Exhibition Award Luncheon in Vancouver.
- The Harry and Dorothy Goodell Award was presented to Glen Frederick, director of risk management client services for the Government of British Columbia.Named in honor of RIMS first president, the award pays tribute to an individual who has furthered the goals of the Society and the risk management discipline through outstanding service and achievement.
- The Richard W. Bland Memorial Award was presented to Wayne Salen, director of risk management for Labor Finders International. The award was created by RIMS Kansas City Chapter in 1974 to recognize a member’s dedicated commitment in the area of legislation or regulation.
- The Ron Judd “Heart of RIMS” Award was presented to Janice McGraw, associate director of risk management and insurance for McGill University and member of the Quebec Chapter. The award pays tribute to the legacy of Ron Judd, who served as RIMS executive director for 22 years. Individuals are nominated by chapters for outstanding performance in furthering risk management at the chapter level.
- The Arthur Quern Quality Award was presented to Steve Willis, head of Insurance for International Power, UK. This honor showcases innovation within the risk management industry that has contributed to increased quality in products, services and enterprise risk management within an organization.
- The Cristy Award was presented to Dylan P. Lauzon, risk analyst for Big 5 Corporation. This award acknowledges the individual who earned the highest marks on the three exams required to earn the Associate of Risk Management designation.
- RIMS and Business Insurance magazine presented the 2010 Risk Manager of the Year® Award to Lisa Havens, associate general counsel and director of risk management for Scott & White Healthcare.
Source: Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc. www.RIMS.org.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.