Pinnacle Entertainment Inc. said it will receive an additional $48 million from Allianz Global Risks US Insurance Co. to settle a lawsuit related to Hurricane Katrina damage at a former Mississippi casino and its Boomtown New Orleans facility.
The Las Vegas-based casino operator said in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission that Allianz will make the payment around June 8 in exchange for the release of all claims and an agreement that Pinnacle will dismiss its lawsuit with prejudice.
Pinnacle previously received $5 million from Allianz. The $53 million total payment includes a $3 million interest payment.
Pinnacle said it is still pursuing a claim against RSUI Indemnity Co. To date, the company has received a total of about $191.8 million in payments or payment commitments from its insurers related to the hurricane claims.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Tornado Alley’s on the Move and Creating New Risk Concerns, Modeler Says
Edison Judge Balks at Holding Utility Liable for LA Wildfire
Severe Thunderstorms Across US Midwest Trigger Flood Warnings
Bodily Injury Is Now A Big Share of Auto Claims Payouts. Is AI to Blame for That Too?