In response to the growing concern about identity theft, Travelers personal lines, a member of St. Paul Travelers, announced significant enhancements to its identity theft protection program, including a new resolution service and expanded expense reimbursement coverage.
Travelers now offers resolution services that provide identity theft victims with the help they need. A consumer fraud specialist will guide them through the steps of reclaiming their identity and repairing their damaged financial history, including ordering credit reports, alerting credit reporting agencies, enrolling customers in six months of daily credit monitoring, and preparing dispute letters on the customers’ behalf.
In addition, the expense reimbursement coverages have been expanded in several ways:
* Increased coverage limit from $15,000 to $25,000;
* Eliminated deductible;
* Increased coverage for lost wages to up to $1,000 per week for a maximum of five weeks;
* Added reimbursement for daycare and eldercare expenses.
Other covered expenses include:
* Notary and certified mail charges for completing and delivering fraud affidavits;
* Fees to re-apply for loans that were denied due to erroneous credit information due to the identity theft;
* Long distance telephone charges for calling merchants, law enforcement agencies or credit grantors to discuss an act of identity theft;
* Attorney fees incurred, with Travelers’ prior consent.
Offered as an endorsement to a Travelers homeowners, condo or renters policy for only $25 per year, the enhanced identity theft coverage will be available in most states by September.
St. Paul Travelers also offers identity fraud expense reimbursement coverage to financial institutions or other commercial businesses that purchase a master policy on behalf of their account holders or customers, or for use as an employee or membership benefit offering.
For more information on identity theft protection visit www.travelers.com.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.