According to a recent 2004 Roper survey, 56 percent of American families will drive to their summer vacation this year, continuing a long-held American tradition.
With that in mind, Access America has introduced a new type of travel insurance designed for the specific needs of road trips.
“Driving the family car presents potential challenges that many people overlook, such as accidents, theft and delays that can stall your vacation,” said Beth Godlin, senior vice president of sales and marketing at Access America. “Your family is precious cargo, as are your belongings packed in the car. Often, your car insurance, credit cards and medical policies won’t cover travel-related expenses.”
Unlike travel insurance plans for individuals, Drive Protection covers the entire family and addresses the specific risks of road trips. Access America Drive Protection covers deductible gaps in auto and medical policies, including:
* Collision Deductible
* Auto Theft, Carjacking and Accident as covered reasons for Trip
* Baggage Coverage for belongings stolen from the car or hotel room
* Vehicle Return when a stolen vehicle is recovered or if medical reasons prevent driving the car home
* Travel Delay due to severe storms that close roads
* Roadside Assistance services Access America Drive Protection costs about $7 a day and is priced per family, including one or two adults and their children for up to seven days, covering round-trip travel to destinations at least 100 miles from the traveler’s residence.
For more information, visit www.accessamerica.com.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.