Parts of Ohio Hospital Evacuated Because of Smoke

January 3, 2013

Authorities say an electrical fire led to part of a western Ohio hospital being evacuated on New Year’s Day and a firefighter treated for injuries.

Dayton fire officials say it happened at about 5:30 p.m. when a fire started inside the electrical room in the basement at Good Samaritan Hospital. WHIO-TV reports that patients from the intensive care unit and emergency room had to be moved to a different part of the hospital because of the smoke.

About 50 Dayton firefighters and medics responded. District Chief James Rose said one firefighter was treated for possible smoke inhalation.

Firefighters used fans to vent the smoke out of the building.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.