Nebraska’s federal court will take up a lawsuit accusing the University of Nebraska-Lincoln of illegally closing down handicapped parking stalls on campus during Nebraska home football games.
Richard Norton Jr. filed the lawsuit in September in Lancaster County District Court. The university requested earlier this month that the lawsuit be moved to Nebraska’s federal court.
Norton’s lawsuit says he was not allowed to park in a handicapped stall outside of the University of Nebraska State Museum during a home football game in 2010. Norton says he was told the handicapped spots were being held for university donors.
Norton, who suffers from a physical disability, says he was forced to park several blocks away, and the walk hurt him to the point of having to seek medical treatment.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Lake Tahoe Power Crunch Shows AI’s Growing Energy Toll in West
New York Homes Most Exposed to Hurricane Risk, Beating Miami
Trump Set to Sign AI Cybersecurity Directive as Soon as Thursday
Tackling The Growing Threat of Legal System Abuse