No one has been injured after flames gushed from a ruptured natural gas line near downtown Columbus, Ind.
Columbus Fire Department spokesman Matt Noblitt tells that homeowner Harold Lockhart and another man were using a motorized auger to dig holes for a fence post Wednesday morning when the auger ruptured the line and the heat from the auger motor’s exhaust ignited the gas.
The Republic reports orange flames danced 15 feet into the air and melted siding drooped off the side of the house. The heat warped part of an aluminum gutter.
Fire officials say the house sustained about $10,000 in damages.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.