Fire at Michigan Senior Apartments Prompts Evacuation

May 9, 2012

Authorities say a kitchen fire at a senior citizen apartment building in suburban Detroit, Mich., forced the evacuation of about two dozen residents.

The Macomb Daily of Mount Clemens reports crews were called Monday night to Grant Manor Senior Apartments in Eastpointe after a resident left a pan of food cooking on a stove.

No injuries were reported.

The fire prompted sprinklers to go off in part of the building. The residents were evacuated in part because of water on the floors from the sprinklers.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.