13 Residents Displaced by Nebraska Apartment Blaze

March 27, 2012

Authorities say the storage of combustible items near a furnace likely caused a fire that forced people to flee an Omaha, Neb., apartment building.

The fire broke out around 3 a.m. Sunday at the Wheaten Place Apartments in northwestern Omaha.

The fire was limited to the furnace room and a nearby apartment, but some damage was caused when a water pipe burst.

The American Red Cross helped 13 residents who were displaced.

No injuries have been reported.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.