Indiana Men Burning Bed Bug-Infested Items Set House Ablaze

March 14, 2012

Two Indianapolis men burning furniture in their yard to eradicate their home of accidentally set the house ablaze, causing about $15,000 in damages.

Indianapolis firefighters say the men had been renting the home for three months before moving three couches and two chairs into the backyard and setting them on fire using a lighter and a piece of newspaper. Flames leapt from the furniture to the house.

WTHR-TV and WISH-TV report the men tried to extinguish the flames in the house with a garden hose but were unsuccessful.

No injuries were reported.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.